A HOUND OF A YEAR!


Where has the time gone? It's been just over a year since this site was started and my what many tails have been told. I have neglected this site for a while and I apologize - there is still a lot happening around the Pound these days and I have not been sharing. I will try to do better.
Elle and I doing the triple
Helen at the 2010 Games. 
This time last year I was 6 weeks pregnant and competing in the CrossFit Games. I bet Elle is the only baby that can say she competed in 2010!! That is if she could talk, of course. It was also this time last year that I believe I was in the best shape of my life, and my goal when I found out I was pregnant was to get my pre-games body back by the end of July 2011. This date is only a couple weeks away, but believe me I'm not there yet. It's been a lot harder than I thought to find the time, energy, sleep and proper nutrition to workout (hard), but I'm doing the best I can and I am now able to fit in about 4 wods a week. Sometimes I have to be creative, sometimes they involve the baby and sometimes they're really short, but they are all wods no less. So listen up all you baby Momas out there, you can find the time to workout and I can help - follow me on my journey to get back in shape and you will see. I will also keep you posted on my activities each week starting today. It's Tuesday and I have already fit in two workouts. Sunday was a fun one for me. JEFFF's parents wanted some Elle time, so I used this free time to ride tommy (my bike) to the outdoor pool for some lane swimming in the sun. So much fun! The bike ride was 5km each way and I swam 1100M total. Monday (unfortunately) was not  in the cards for me. Elle had me up three times the night before and I was running on about 4 hours of solid sleep, so wodding was the last thing I wanted  to do. Today (Tuesday) was a better day. I was only up once last night, so I got more sleep and I'm feeling much better. Today's wod was done in the evening while Jefff had some Elle time at The LAB. It was a doozey that JEFFF had done earlier in the week - 570M Run, then 72 reps each of push ups, pull ups, wall balls, KB swings, deadlifts, then another 570M run. It was a long one, but it felt really good to do. AND, I beat JEFFF's time!! I'll keep you posted on the rest of the week, but I'm hoping to fit in a short run and an easy one and then rest up for the 5 Peak Race on Saturday - the 3rd of the year! Wish me luck and I'll keep you posted! 






No comments:

Post a Comment