FUN RUN!

Saturday was the third 5 Peak race, and in my mind it was the best one yet. Sundre only seemed to have one hill, but it was sure a fun one to run! This trail didn't have a lot of elevation or flat ground - mostly rolling hills, which I liked. It also didn't have any single track where you couldn't pass, so I didn't get struck behind a bunch of people like the last Canmore race. I'm really enjoying theses runs this year and will be sad when they're over. The only negatives I have about this race was was the lack of potties and the usual post race snacks. 


The potty situation. The results page shows there where 265 people that ran the race. Let's assume that each runner brought an average of one support person to cheer them on and watch. This would mean there were about 530 people at the race. This would not include kids (there was a kids race) or volunteers, so let's add another 70 people to this to even it out to 600. Okay, so 600 people were there. How many porta-potties do you think would be needed to support this number? keep in mind that including the kids race, at least half of these people were competing and would most likely need to use the loo before the race. The answer is four! One potty for about every 150 people. Now let's say that all 265 racers wanted to use the loo before the race. Let's also assume the average potty going time for each person was one minute (and that would be a quick one). This would mean that it would take almost 4.5 hours for everyone to go. I wonder how many people missed the race cause they were in line for the loo? I know I almost did. I ran straight from the loo to the start of the race! So the lesson in this story is to show up 4 hours early or use the loo somewhere else before you get there. 


Now for the post race snacks. Dorito munchie mix, cookies and bagels, need I say more? The bagels I understand (I know how runners like their carbs), but how could anyone think that cookies and doritos would be a good post run snack? Seems so weird to me! 
Munchi mix in
disposable cups




Buffet of bagels, cookies
and fruit for desert

















Workouts for the week
I was able to squeeze in workouts on Sunday and Monday, and hoping to get one in tonight. Sunday was beautiful day to bust one out in the Pound. JEFFF hung out with Elle in the gravity chair and I did a running snatch wod. Yesterday I was able to fit a quick shoulder press and row sprint wod in before the 6:00 class at The LAB while Elle slept in her car seat. Not sure what I'll do tonight, but I'll keep you posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment