DID YOU SOAK YOUR NUTS TODAY?

THIS IS NUTS!
I learned something new the other day that I thought I'd share with all the nut eaters out there. Maybe you know this, but I sure didn't. Did you know that soaking your nuts in water for a few hours before eating them will remove enzyme inhibitors which will allow the full nutritional value to be released, make the nut easier to digest, and remove tannic acid? I sure didn't. I wonder how many vitamins I've missed out on, and toxins I've consumed from the copious amounts of cashews I've eaten over my lifetime. We'll at least it's not to late for me. Let the nut soaking begin!

HOW TO SOAK YOUR NUTS:
Place your nuts (and seeds) in a bowl or jar filled with room temperature water and cover with something that will allow them to breath (a towel or cloth would work). Let soak for 2-24 hours depending on the nut or seed - see soaking chart below. You will also need to drain and rinse the nuts/seeds 2-3 times depending on how long they need to soak - each time you do this, make sure you rinse them until the water drains clear. Once the soak time is up, you're ready for a nut feast. You can store the extra "enzyme inhibitor" free nuts in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.

NUT SOAKING TIMES (HOURS):
Almonds: 8 – 12
Cashews: 2 – 2.5
Sesame seeds: 8
Sunflower seeds: 2
Walnuts: 4
All other nuts: 6-24


ENJOY YOUR NUTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment